Roses are romantic and cake is delightful. This heavenly combination make terrific gift for valentine. Your loving partner truly deserves special valentine dessert. Gourmet cake make amazing valentine gift as well.
This valentine, let us try making a special Valentine cake and impress dear one amazingly. Check out the recipe below for making Chocolate Raspberry cake for V-day.
Ingredients for Chocolate Raspberry cake:
– 3 cups of sugars in Granulated form
– 1 1/8 cups cocoa powder – properly sift
– 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose refined flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of common salt
– 3/4 cup refined vegetable oil
– 3 large size eggs
– 1 1/2 cups of unsalted buttermilk
– 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
– 1 1/4 cup of hot coffee
– 1/4 cup rum/brandy
Ingredient for making raspberry cream:
– 1 cup of whipped cream
– 3 tablespoons of raspberry puree
Ingredient for making chocolate ganache:
– 1/2 cup of apricot jam,
– 1 cup of heavy cream
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 2 tablespoons of corn syrup
– 1 pound of bittersweet chocolate-finely grated
Ingredient for making blackberry coulis:
– 2 cups of fresh or frozen blackberries
– 3 tablespoons of sugar
– 1 tablespoon of heavy cream
Recipe Direction- for the base
1. Preheat the cake oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 sweet jelly roll pans.
2. Combine the main ingredients like flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a big bowl and whisk until all the ingredients get smoothly combined. Set aside the bowl.
3. Take eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in another bowl and whisk together until well combined. Add this egg mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk it well.
4. Slowly add the hot coffee and rum/brandy to the batter and whisk until it becomes a smooth batter.
5. Pour into the prepared cake pans and bake the layers for around 20 minutes or until it is set. Cool on a cake rack.
6. Cut the base of the cake with a heart shape cookie cutter.
Recipe Direction – for the cream
1. Whip the heavy cream till it gets soft peaks.
2. Add the raspberry puree and continue whipping until it becomes stiff peaks.
3. Fill a pastry poly-bag, fitted with a circular pastry tip.
4. Pipe out the cream covering half of the heart shaped cakes.
5. Top the cream layer with another layer of cake.
6. Cover the cake using plastic wrap. Refrigerate while you make the chocolate ganache.
Recipe Direction -To make the chocolate ganache
1. Heat the apricot extracts in a saucepan over medium to low heat until melted.
2. Add the cream, milk & corn syrup and heat to allow it to simmer.
3. Remove from the heat. Pour all chopped chocolate, swirl the pot to make sure the chocolate is completely blended with the cream.
4. Let it settled for 3 minutes and then gently whisk again.
5. Pour about 1 cup of the hot chocolate ganache into a low height dish for cooling and refrigerate for 10 minutes. So that it can get slightly firm, but still in spreadable consistency.
6. With the help of small spatula, spread the refrigerated ganache on the sides of the cakes.
7. Fill the gap between the cake layers and make them smooth. Get a smooth surface so that when you add the chocolate ganache over the cake there will not be any lumps.
Pour the ganache on the cake
1. Leave cakes on a cooling rack on a sheet pan. So that you can catch all of the dripping of chocolate ganache.
2. Slowly pour the ganache over the cake. Start pouring in the middle & working outwards. Check all the sides as you go. Scrape that up & melt the ganache to use again.
3. If the ganache begins to get thick in consistency, return the pot in the stove and heat on very low heat for couple of seconds.
Leave the cakes for setting at room temperature for 20 minutes and refrigerate it.
Serve this delicious Chocolate Raspberry cake to your sweetheart. Enjoy this gourmet valentine dessert with a cup of hot coffee. If you don’t have time for baking cake, then buy online cakes at Giftalove. Get premium quality of cakes in various exciting flavours. It is offering unique valentine’s gifts for girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife and friend.
Sakshi Ecavade is our in-house content developer having a good understanding about the gifting industry. She creates quality content surrounding flowers, chocolates, plants, cakes, and other products which makes excellent gifts for the people. Accurate and authentic information is what she tries to deliver through her blogs.