Some of the world’s greatest cities in the United States, including international landmarks like Seattle, New York City, Chicago, and Miami, are all located coast to coast. The picturesque Great Smoky Mountains offer best places for weekend getaway in USA like Gatlinburg and Asheville and trendy city options like Austin and San Diego, which offer hip shopping and dining opportunities. There are numerous recreational opportunities across the nation throughout the year, from skiing and hiking in beautiful cities like Stowe, Vermont, to cultural exploration in Southern destinations like Savannah, New Orleans, and San Antonio. A few attractions may be closed temporarily or require advanced reservations. Currently, pickup is the only service offered by a few restaurants. Opening hours and availability are subject to change. Despite of all these conditions, if you are planning to an anniversary getaway, the incredible cities in USA along with perfect anniversary gifts to USA for husband and wife are what you need.
Have you been thinking about getting away for the weekend? Well, you’re lucky: there are so many incredible weekend getaways to be found in the United States! Our home country’s enormous size and tremendous diversity make city breaks in the United States a fantastic option for just about any interest. Interested in lying out on one of the best urban beaches globally, drinking craft beer, attending an unforgettable festival, hiking, visiting a casino, or simply visiting some of the most iconic tourist sites around the world in rapid succession? Or, maybe you’d like to explore a unique and delicious food scene, learn about American history, or explore a pedestrian-friendly area and leave the car at home? You can do whatever you like in one of the many American cities. Trying to figure out where to go on a romantic vacation in the United States? It’s your lucky day: this mile-long list has excellent suggestions for romantic weekend getaway in USA for couples.
Take a look at these 15 USA cities that make great weekend getaways –
- New Orleans is often described as being like no other city–and that is true.
- If you’re planning a weekend getaway to New Orleans, you can expect lots of jazz, lots of delicious food like gumbo, beignets, po’boys, and muffulettas, to name a few lots of fun.
- If you’re not superstitious, we promise a ghost tour is still worth it in New Orleans! Also, take the bayou tour to see what southern Louisiana offers.
- In addition to having a great time in New Orleans, you can and you should learn about NOLA’s dark history at places like the Whitney Plantation.
- Taking a tour based on the 2005 hurricane to learn about its severe impacts is also one of the best ways to spend your weekend in the USA.
- Miami is an excellent choice for a USA weekend getaway if you’re looking for sun and fun.
- There is no denying that South Beach is one of the world’s best urban beaches.
- Explore Miami Beach’s Art Deco architecture, wander through Little Havana, admire street art in Wynwood, and see the views from Biscayne Bay in addition to the beach.
- Plan a trip to the Everglades while visiting South Florida for those who enjoy nature-or; if you have a few extra days, road-trip your way to Key West, the southernmost point in the country!
- Miami is also one such destination where you can always visit with your kids and elders to spend some quality time together.
- Savannah, dripping with Spanish moss and boasting one of the country’s most stunningly beautiful historic districts, is the perfect place to visit for a weekend trip.
- Not too big and not too small, this special destination is what you need for a special weekend. Still, with some of the most inviting southern food you will ever find.
- You can explore Savannah’s 22 remaining town squares, visit a house museum or two, stroll along Jones Street, and explore Forsyth Park.
- Shopping enthusiasts can peruse the shops on Broughton Street, River Street, and City Market. At the same time, those looking for delicious food will find endless options in Savannah, from classic southern dinners at the Olde Pink House to sweet treats at Leopold’s.
- In addition to visiting the home of the organization’s founder, Juliette Gordon Low, if you are a former Girl Scout-like me or just interested in their history.
- With all USA weekend getaways covered here, Asheville is one of the best choices for a group divided between the city and the great outdoors.
- In addition to the epic craft beer scene, the Biltmore Estate, the vibrant street art scene, and delicious food options, Asheville is a city lovers’ paradise.
- In addition to its proximity to the Pisgah National Forest and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Asheville is also a fabulous weekend getaway for outdoor enthusiasts. There are many easy hikes nearby suitable for visitors of all skill levels.
- Even if you’re visiting in the fall and can enjoy the changing colors, make time to drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway during your visit to Asheville.
- Road trips along the coast of California are considered some of the most beautiful in the country. You can easily get chocolate delivery USA if you wish to make your birthday or anniversary celebration trip much more exciting.
- Nashville, Tennessee, is a great place to spend your weekend if you enjoy country music, hot chicken, street art, and barbecue.
- Despite Nashville’s popularity as a bachelorette party destination and for girls’ getaways, large groups are not the only types of travelers who enjoy a trip to Music City.
- Visitors to Nashville should definitely see the Grand Ole Opry (both for the show and the backstage tour! ), check out the Johnny Cash Museum, visit the Country Music Hall of Fame, and explore Gulch, the street art district home to the picture-perfect Nashville wings.
- If you’re looking for the best things to do in Nashville, save some time to enjoy the city’s famous nightlife. You have to try the hot chicken at least once if you’re visiting Nashville, but be mindful of your heat tolerance before ordering!
- An American romantic getaway, Nashville, Tennessee, at sunset overlooking the river, is one of the most romantic places in the country.
- The southern city of Charleston is not far from Savannah; it offers similar things: southern food, Spanish moss dripping from trees, beautiful architecture, and an abundance of history to be discovered, but it has its unique character.
- You got a lot of things to do in Charleston, including the photogenic Rainbow Row, the tea plantation, the Angel Oak Tree, Battery Park, Waterfront Park, and City Market.
- Make sure to order online flowers to USA along with a cake or unique gift to make you special days, celebrations, and occasions more special and memorable.
- Patriots Point is a must-see for those interested in US military history, as are Fort Sumter and the former US naval ships anchored there.
- These sights are still attractive, even for those who aren’t military history buffs!
- Seattle is a popular getaway for US west coast weekenders as it’s right on the water with a dramatic backdrop of Mount Rainier.
- Weekend trips are ideal for exploring Pike Place Market, visiting the famous Chihuly Museum, and visiting the Museum of Pop Culture.
- Do you want to know where to live? Visit Fremont, where “des Libertas quirks,” aka “the freedom to be quirky,” is an unofficial motto.
- Are you looking forward to spend some time outside with friends & family? Well, just buy/send gift basket in USA to your dear ones for every special occasion or celebration to make your vacation more exciting.
- Seattle lies in the heart of the majestic Pacific Northwest, where waterfalls, trails, and even Mount Rainier are within day trips of Seattle.
- Similar to Austin, Portland celebrates its oddities in all the ways we can imagine-and makes it endlessly fun to visit!
- Those seeking a book fix should head straight for Powell’s City of Books, everyone’s favorite bookstore ever, while those seeking ice cream should visit Salt & Straw, the locals’ obsession.
- Voodoo Doughnuts was also originally located here, and it is still popular with tourists.
- Make sure to visit the Japanese Garden and the International Rose Garden in Portland during the bloom season.
- There are many incredible activities to do in Portland, including seeing the famous Multnomah Falls, which is within easy reach of Portland.
- One of the most jaw-dropping weekend getaways in the USA is Las Vegas, a popular short trip destination.
- If you’re a first-time visitor, you’ll want to see the Strip, even if only the hotels, fountains, malls, and generally see why Vegas is so popular.
- Vegas is a lot more than just the Strip and you can make it your birthday celebration destination with perfect birthday gifts to USA for your dear ones.
- Las Vegas has it all — gambling and shows, downtown charm, or the breathtaking natural beauty of the Southwest.
- Seeing the Grand Canyon’s southern rim on a day trip isn’t practical from Las Vegas, but nearby options like Valley of Fire State Park, Red Rock Canyon, and Hoover Dam are great choices.
- It’s no surprise that San Francisco is at the top of many people’s lists of the best weekend getaways in the USA – the city has several attractions that cater to all interests.
- Check out Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Painted Ladies (of Full House fame), and Lombard Street.
- You should also include a few less-obvious attractions like San Francisco’s Japanese Garden, the Land’s End Labyrinth, and Fort Point on your itinerary.
- If you’re ever in San Francisco, you must go for a walk in the woods: the Muir Woods is a must-visit for any weekend trip!
- If you are planning to visit San Francisco during your anniversary, birthday, or Valentine’s Day, make sure to carry wine gifts in USA for exciting atmosphere.
New York City
- Is it possible to see all of New York in a USA weekend getaway? Yes, but not so much that you won’t want to come back.
- No matter who you are or your interests, you can find something to interest you about New York City, whether you want to track down famous spots, try the best food in New York, see a show, or discover offbeat NYC.
- A weekend in NYC is certainly long enough to explore all those sights in movies and shows throughout our lives.
- You can see the Brooklyn Bridge, the Empire State Building, Top of the Rock, Fifth Avenue, Grand Central, and Times Square all within a weekend.
- You should also visit one museum during your weekend in New York: the Met, MOMA, and Natural History Museum are all good, classic options.
- Boston is a city that we fell in love with after only three months of living there for a lifetime. It’s beautiful, steeped in American history, and offers a unique, modern culture that everyone loves (we were crazy about it too!).
- Don’t forget to visit the picturesque North End, chic Back Bay, and grand Beacon Hill–three neighborhoods you can’t afford to miss while you’re in Boston.
- We also recommend strolling through the Boston Public Garden and the Boston Common.
- Visiting to the New England Aquarium to see the penguins, taking a cruise to see whales, or taking a tour to see the Freedom Trail.
- The Boston Public Library and Brattle Bookshop are a must for bibliophiles like us.
- The United States capital city is not only our nation’s capital; it is a top-rated stop for visitors from around the world planning a trip to the country!
- There are many impressive museums to visit in Washington, DC- everything from the Smithsonian Museums to the International Spy Museum and the US Holocaust Memorial Museum- far more than you could see in a single weekend.
- In addition to iconic stops like the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial on the National Mall, those interested in US history and government will also enjoy taking a food tour of the city.
- Washington DC offers plenty year-round, but cherry blossom season is one of the most popular (and best) times to visit. In the foreground, cherry blossoms frame Washington Monument in Washington DC. Washington DC is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States.
- It’s always interesting to visit the US Capitol, and if you plan, you can even visit the White House! The Smithsonian museums, among other things to do in Washington DC, are all free to enter.
- When you’re seeking weekend getaways in the USA, you would be remiss to overlook Austin, TX, which is the self-described live music capital of the world, home to the SXSW festival, and packed with lots of classic American charm.
- Many living in Austin as a child and an adult for most of their lives, and people visited at least 1-2 times a year to eat breakfast tacos, general TexMex, or barbecue.
- Get an unforgettable nightlife experience at Dirty Sixth while in Austin on a weekend trip.
- Austin is the capital of Texas, so be sure to spend some time during your weekend visit to the capital exploring the Texas State Capitol and the historic Driskill Hotel.
- A trip to Austin would not be complete without taking at least one hike in the Texas Hill Country and visiting another nearby town or vineyard – Wimberley and Fredericksburg are both favorites.
- There’s nothing like pizza and more pizza when you’re in Chicago… and maybe even a little sightseeing.
- Located right on the shore of beautiful Lake Michigan, Chicago offers plenty of great weekend getaways for the whole family. You can explore the culture, try delicious food, and even enjoy time outdoors while you’re there.
- Enjoy a weekend getaway in Chicago by taking selfies at The Bean, exploring the famous Chicago Skydeck, visiting Navy Pier, and eating the deep dish.
- Visitors to Chicago’s museums will enjoy the Art Institute of Chicago and catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.
- Visit Shedd Aquarium first and don’t overlook American Girl Place–the highlight of the first visit to Chicago.
The Final Takeaway
Do you yearn for a vacation but lack the time off you need? There’s no need to fret, as you can get your travel fix with a quick US weekend trip! Despite its size, the United States is well connected, and there are plenty of short trips within the country. Our comprehensive list of the best weekend getaways in the US will make it easy for you to plan your weekend getaway at the end of the workweek. If anyone is planning for a weekend for birthday or anniversary, people can send gifts to USA from India to make their trip more interesting and wonderful.
We hope you all have enjoyed this list of the best getaways in the United States and that it inspired you to head off on a getaway with your significant other right away. Who wouldn’t relish the chance to relax in a new, cozy setting with a special someone? It’s even better when it includes romantic dinners, fun activities, and lots of love! And, when it comes to the celebrations and occasions, these cities will make a wonderful choice. If you haven’t already made a USA bucket list, you might want to start now. The USA has it all, from big cities bustling with life to secluded spots with a romantic vibe. So, explore Giftalove.com and make sure to make your USA travel experience interesting & worth memorizing.
Priya Gupta is the in-house content writer and developer of Giftalove.com. Her ever-smiling face, big heart, and jolly-good personality make her stand out. Her writing style demonstrates a harmonious union between passion and creativity. She is a multitasking person, delivering flawless work while listening to music, and dancing to the beats of Justin Bieber. All she needs is a cup of coffee to express her views through her words!