विनायको विघ्नराज द्वैमतुरा गणधिपाह: | आपेका दंत हेरंभा लम्बोदरा गजानन
Ganesh Chaturthi, also popularly called “Vinayak Chaturthi,” is one of the most awaited and grand Hindu festivals, celebrated not only in India but across the world, with the same enthusiasm, culture, rituals, and respect in the heart. This 11-day long auspicious festival is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha to honor the divine power of Vighnaharta. The “elephant-headed” auspicious God holds utmost significance in every festival and special day as placing Lord Ganesha idol at home and office brings good fortune, prosperity, wealth, and happiness in the life of everyone. Every auspicious festival begins by evoking the blissful blessings of Lord Ganesha, known as “Shubh Aarambh.” This fantastic Indian festival is worth experiencing, from Ganpati Sthapana to Ganpati Visarjan.
Celebrated in the Hindu month of Bhadra, i.e., around mid-August and September, the Vinayak Chaturthi celebration took place in Maharashtra at the grandest level. Like every year. This year too, the Ganesha Chaturthi celebration India is worth witnessing. Lord Ganesha is worshipped for ten days, and on the 11th day, everyone takes their Lord Ganesha idols through the streets accompanied with celebration, dancing, gala, singing, and colors immersed in the air. At last, all the Ganesha idols were immersed in a river symbolizing a ritualistic and emotional see-off of the Lord Ganesha. It is believed that Ganpati Bappa returns towards his abode in Kailash after the idols are immersed in the sea. And, the Lord also takes away all the misfortunes of humans, blessing them with a positive and happy life. People loudly chant, “Ganapathi Bappa Morya, Purchya Varshi Laukariya,” which means “Ganesha, come again early next year.”
“अगजानन पद्मार्कम गजाननं अहरिषम | अनेकदमतम भक्तनम् एकदंतम उपस्माये”
Ganesh Chaturthi, the most famous and widely recognized Ganesh festival, is celebrated every year on a grand scale. The Indian cities, especially in Mumbai and other parts of Maharashtra, people celebrate this Indian festival whole-heartedly in a ritualistic manner where people show their devotion through organizing a festive garb, gala event, grand Ganpati Puja, along with ushering Lord Ganesha to their homes for 11 to 12 days. Almost whole India is dolled up for the Ganesha Chaturthi celebration. Artists preparing gorgeous and eye-catching Ganesha Idols give their best to heighten the celebration with their efforts and devotion. On the divine occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi 2021, we have come up with this special share having the best spots in India where you can have the best experience of Vinayak Chaturthi. So, without wasting a second more, let us have a look at what we have for you:
- The auspicious 11-day long festival is basically celebrated as the extravaganza of food & frenzy of people along with the cultural trips.
- If you are in Mumbai or anywhere in Maharashtra, you can have the best festival celebration by visiting various pandals in the state.
- One thing that you have to be cautious about is the snake-like long queues ten days long. You also have to stand by these lines to have a blissful glimpse of Ganpati Bappa.
- The rituals of the festivals are the same as you have read and experienced before. This auspicious festival culminates along with the immersion of Ganesha idols into seas and rivers, known as Ganesh Visarjan.
- You might experience the Visarjan several days during the festive celebration. However, the best time or the Shubh Muhurat for the Ganesha Visarjan is Anant Chaturdashi.
- One of the largest and the most beautiful Lord Ganesha’s idols you can witness is Lal Bagh Ganesh’s idol, also known as “Lalbaugcha Raja.”
- As far as the Ganesh Chaturthi celebration in Mumbai is considered, it is regarded as one of the grandest, and the most significant festivals celebrated all over Maharashtra with utmost excitement and enthusiasm.
- As soon as the festival begins, you can hear the chants “Ganpati Bappa Morya, Mangal Murti Morya” from the roadside pandals known as Sarvajink Ganpati Mandals.
- If you are in Mumbai, you cannot afford to miss visiting the Siddhivinayak Temple during the Ganesh festival.
- Shreemant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganpati Temple in Pune is widely considered as recognized as the spot having great historical significance in the Indian culture. You can visit this famous temple on Vinayak Chaturthi to enjoy delicious and popular modaks.
वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्यकोटि सम्प्रभा | निर्विघ्नं कुरुमे देवा सर्व कार्येशु सर्वदा
- Tamil Nadu is one of the best places for all the Lord Ganesh devotees who wish to experience a unique celebration of this festival.
- Tourists here sort their day by visiting different temples in Tamil Nadu to enjoy the auspicious day of the Ganesh Chaturthi celebration.
- Certain temples are there that offer the visitors a special experience of ritualistic pujas and aartis along with delicious modaks as Prashad.
- The Tamil Nadu people also set certain pandals for Ganesha Chaturthi to welcome the Lord Ganesha in the form of idols.
- People from local areas in Tamil and nearby states visit the temples and pandals to seek Ganpati blessings for a prosperous life.
- Kozhukattai is one of the most popular and delicious Tamil Nadu sweets specially prepared for the Lord Ganesha on Vinayak Chaturthi.
- The best temple to visit in Tamil for the best experience of Ganesh Chaturthi is the Karapaka Vinayakar temple in Thiruppatthur.
- The auspicious festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is popular as “Chovoth” in Goa.
- Goa is also very famous for having the grandest celebration of the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi, just like Maharashtra.
- If you are in Goa for the Ganesha Chaturthi 2021, you will have the best time enjoying the festival being celebrated with great pomp and excitement.
- As far as the tradition of the Ganesha Chaturthi celebration is considered, people in Goa start preparing for the Ganesha festival by cleaning their temples and whole houses.
- Locals of Goa celebrate the homecoming of Lord Ganesha by visiting their relatives and friends for the Ganesha Puja.
- You can also experience the incredible work of the local artists in Goa, designing a wide range of beautifully designed Ganesh idols.
- All the pandals and people buy idols from these stalls as these statues are made up of coconuts, bamboos, and even canes.
- Goa is also one of the most popular tourist spots owing to which you might have to experience long snake-like queues here as well during the festival.
- The popular city of Goa is also home to many Hindu temples. So, you can have the best experience of the Ganesh Chaturthi celebration taking place on a grand scale.
- Tourists visit Goa during the Ganesh Chaturthi festival to witness the best Ganpati Mahotsav.
- The pandals where the Ganesha Puja takes place have Matoli set up. The learned priests mark the puja with Ganesha bhajans, sloakhs, and aartis.
- The best Goa temples you can visit during the festival are Gopal Ganpathi Temple of Farmagudi, Shree Siddhivinayak Ganesh temple of Candolim, and Maha Ganpati Mandir of Khandola.
- Karnataka is one of those states which celebrates Ganesh Chaturthi in a slightly different manner with different traditions and rituals.
- The festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is known as “Ganesh Habba” in Karnataka. Here, the holy prayers and aarti are offered to the Goddess Gauri, making the auspicious festival celebration.
- Mat Gauri is the mother of Lord Ganesh, and in Karnataka, this festival is celebrated on a grand scale.
- The festivity is marked in grand fashion, accompanied by the distribution of sweets. The most famous and delicious sweet of Karnataka is Modakam, Payasam, and Gojju. These sweets are distributed amongst the devotees and local people.
- On this day, devotees visit temples in Karnataka to offer their respects to Mata Gauri and Lord Ganesha.
- Married women of Karnataka and neighboring cities and states visit temples to pay their regards to Goddess Gauri and pray for a happy, peaceful, and long married life.
- The best temples to visit for the Ganesha festival in Karnataka are Kadale Kalu Ganesha Temple and Sasivekalu temple, situated in Hampi.
गौरीानंदन गजानन | गिरिजानंदन निरंजना | र्वती नंदना शुभानन | पाहिप्रभोमं पाहि प्रसन्ना
- In Andhra Pradesh, almost everything celebrates every specific and significant festival, and Ganesh Chaturthi is one among them.
- Here, from the streets to the homes, the whole state is dolled up for this 11-day long festival.
- Vinayaka Chavithi is what the people call Ganesha Chaturthi here in AP.
- The rituals and traditions are almost the same as every other state has. Pandals, homecoming, immersion organization accompanied by the devotional songs and dance is what the religious rituals include.
- If you are in Hyderabad, you will be blessed enough to enjoy the flock to the “Khairatabad” idol. This idol is known as one of the tallest Ganesha idols that mark the festivity.
- The process of idol immersion is done in the Hussain Sagar Lake of Andhra Pradesh.
- If you are in Andhra Pradesh for the Ganesh Chaturthi 2021, the best temple to visit here is the Alwal Ganesh temple of Hyderabad.
- Also known as Vinayak Chaturthi, Kerala is one such state where the timings for the festival of Ganesha Chaturthi are quite different from that of other states.
- According to the Malayalam Calendar, the Ganesha festival is celebrated during Chingam month, which is the first month of the year.
- The difference between the timings is at least a month before other states.
- The best and most popular temple to visit in Kerala is the Madhur Mahaganapathi Temple of Kasargod, Kerala.
- The charm of the local markets of Madhya Pradesh can be witnessed the best during August and September, when the shops are overflowing with the gorgeous Lord Ganesha idols.
- Just like Delhi and Mumbai, you can witness the incredible artistic work of the local artists through their designed Ganesha idols.
- Madhya Pradesh market is also very famous for the gleaming variety of Ganesha idols varying from small to tall ones, from the delicate ones to the marble ones. The showstopper is the eco-friendly Ganesha idols.
- The Ganesha Chaturthi celebration here is simple and grand at the same time. From the crowd here 11 days long, you can see the level of devotion and craze for the festivities in MP.
- If you are in Madhya Pradesh for the Ganesh Chaturthi celebration this year, make sure to visit the Birla temple of Bhopal, Chintaman Ganesh temple of Ujjain, and Khajrana Ganesh Temple of Indore to witness the grand ritualistic celebration.
- Just like Mumbai, the Indian capital Delhi is also widely popular for the most extraordinary Ganesh Chaturthi celebration and organization.
- If you are in Delhi in August or September, you can be blessed enough to witness the giant Lord Ganesha idols in the making by skilled artists.
- Also, your morning in Delhi can be super blissful and pure if you have any temple nearby. The learned priests in various temples can be heard reciting chants and singing prayers of Lord Ganesh early in the morning.
- The pandals installed all around Delhi are decorated with flowers, stages, and temples for the Ganesha Chaturthi.
- You can also experience specific cultural programs organized by different communities and societies. Dancing, singing, and Ganesha idol-making competitions are some of the popular forms of festive celebration.
- Temples at every nook and corner of Delhi are cleaned and decorated for the homecoming of Lord Ganesha. You can also enjoy the delicious prasad served in temples during the Ganesh Chaturthi celebration.
- Gujarat is one such Indian spot that has not been into the zone of celebrating the Ganesha Chaturthi festival with the same excitement as that of Maharashtra, Delhi, and Goa.
- However, if you will be in Gujarat for the celebration, you will not be disheartened for sure.
- The celebration here is equally splendid and marvelous, just like Mumbai and other Indian cities.
- Temples, roadside pandals, streets, and houses are decorated for the celebrations.
- You can also enjoy certain Garba and Dandiya performances
- During the festive rituals and celebrations.
- The Lord Ganesha idols are immersed in the Sabarmati and Tapi rivers on the last day.
- One of the best temples to have the best experience of Vinayak Chaturthi in Gujarat is the Shree Ganpatpura temple of Koth.
You all must be feeling super excited for the upcoming 11-day long auspicious Hindu festive celebration everyone waits for, i.e., Ganesh Chaturthi. It’s no less than a pleasure to welcome divine Ganpati Bappa home. People decorate their homes and temples to celebrate the homecoming. This grand festival is also marked by an interesting gift exchanging ceremony. People love to send Ganesh Chaturthi gifts online to their near and dear ones to wish them the heartiest blessings. This year, you can buy online gifts for Ganesha Chaturthi from Giftalove.com.
We are one of the most popular and widely recognized online gift stores having wide assortments of trendy, thoughtful, and budget-friendly gifts for every special occasion and festival. Ganesha idols, sweets, chocolates, Ganesha puja thali, dryfruits, and flowers are some of the bestselling gifts you can send on Ganesha Chaturthi from our store.
So, without any more wait, explore our gift section dedicated to Vinayak Chaturthi now!!
ओम गम गणपतिये नमो नमः | श्री सिद्धिविनायक नमो नमः | अष्ट विनायक नमो नमः | गणपति बप्पा मौरिया
Sakshi Ecavade is our in-house content developer having a good understanding about the gifting industry. She creates quality content surrounding flowers, chocolates, plants, cakes, and other products which makes excellent gifts for the people. Accurate and authentic information is what she tries to deliver through her blogs.